Thursday, July 29, 2010

The London Eye and Posh Girls

Umm...it's been awhile. In my defense, I haven't really had regular internet till now. Also, this is better for anyone reading this because since I'm not writing every day, every post will probably be quicker/more condensed and will probably be easier to read for you. What I'm really trying to say is...you're welcome.

So I'll post a bunch of entries about the things I missed, but since it's been 10 days I'm not even going to try to pretend to write on the same day. It's been too long...
Last Monday, we went to the London Eye. The line was loooong but it was so cool! They call it a "4D experience" because before you go on the Eye, you watch this 3D movie where when there are bubbles in the movie, they actually blow bubbles at you, etc. I'd list the other things but the bubbles were objectively the best part. The view from the eye was pretty amazing. Here's a picture of the view as we were just passing over the top (in our pod):

There's not anything too exciting in this view, but I wanted to include another pod and make it all artsy. On the other side of the Thames to the right was an amazing view of Parliament/Big Ben (just cannot get enough of that clock tower) and to the back left was a great view of St. Paul's Cathedral. Also I of course enjoyed watching all the teeny tiny people, buses and cars below. If only they could stay that small forever. This would've been a really great place to take one of those pictures that I can't remember the name of, where you blur the top and bottom so it looks like a miniature, but I didn't think about that till...now. And now I'm in Harrogate.


Anyway, after the Eye we got ice cream and walked over to take pictures of Westminster Abbey. We were going to go in but turns out it costs £15 unless you're there for actual religious reasons. Which we were not at all. so I took the opportunity to capture yet another majestic portrayal of this beautiful animal:



Not the lion, the unicorn. Although lions are cool too. In this case, America could really take a page out of England's book.

The next day we got all dressed up and went to Harrod's. We got dressed up because Harrod's has a dress code where you can't wear ripped jeans, shorts, athletic clothing, or flip flops. So while we were at it, we decided to get all posh. Three ladies, takin' London by storm. On the town. Kickin' A. Takin' names. This is what we were. I couldn't take any pictures inside the store, but it was really cool to walk around. My favorite part was the Egyptian escalator. You should google it if you get the chance.

The night, we got ready to say goodbye (so long) to Dave, Kathleen, Hugo, and Floyd. Floyd is the giant spider that lives next to the front door of Dave and Kathleen's mew. I kind of hate him, but I respect his existence because Rachel loves him. Here he is in all his shiny, hairy, spidery glory.



I think I just threw up in my mouth a little. Which is why it was completely necessary to share this. To say bye to Dave and Kathleen, we went to the pub down the road, the Nightingale, to have a last drink together. Dave asked me what I wanted and I said cider, but he didn't hear me say "half pint of" so he got me a pint. It was giant. Rachel caught me struggling with my rather large glass:



I'd love to say that I was only making that face because I knew someone was taking a picture of me, but that's not true at all. It was a struggle. And thennn I was a little tipsier than someone should be after one pint of cider.

The rest of the night was just packing for our French excursion. Next up...all about that.

2 comments:

  1. Is cider delicious? I've never had it before. Sounds delicious. And I want to see you all being POSH! Sounds spectacular :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cider is my FAVORITE! But Rachel and Cote don't like it very much because they think it's too sweet. And I don't have any pictures of us being posh, but I think that just means that all 4 of us should be posh together when we get back :-D

    ReplyDelete